Sunday, February 12, 2012

Who is the best player in the NBA?

This question is hard to answer these days. There is no clear cut answer. Not since Jordan. We always just knew when he was in the league. A lot of people say lebron. I say how can the best player in the game not be a shooter. The name of the game is putting the rock in hole, so I would think one characteristic the best player in the league must have is being a shooter. I have seen lebron to many times miss free throws. Sometimes two on a trip. He is a excellent passer and penetrator. So if he is the best then the competition is weak. Derek Rose has the same make up. He is also a good passer  and a good penetrator. And although not a great shooter he is definitely better than james. So that leaves us Kobe and Dirk. Kobe is a excellent shooter. Decent passer. Good on defense. And does seem to have that inner beast that the great ones have. But he does have the best running mate out of the group in Gasol and they don't seem to make the most of it. Maybe they just are getting old. Dirk is obviously the best shooter in the group but is pretty immobile. So those are my top 4. I know some would put a Dwight Howard or Kevin Durant in there. But I wouldn't. So if I had to pick one to be the best I guess it would have to be either Kobe or Rose. But it is debatable. It is all debatable. I so miss the days where there was no discussion of this. We just knew Jordan was the best. If anyone was even close to him it was Bird. Although kobe's game is comparable to jordan's, as in the was he post up on the block etc, there was no debate. Who do you think is the best?

No comments:

Post a Comment