Friday, November 9, 2012

Brandon Roy Admits Legs Aren’t Back

Brandon Roy is off to a sluggish start. But the three-time NBA all-star wants to clarify two things: his knees are fine, and he’s not about to panic.
Roy has not contributed significantly to the Timberwolves’ 3-1 start. He is shooting 26.6 percent and averaging 5.7 points, both career lows. Though he has started all four games, he has not played in the fourth quarter the past three games, and he’s been passive with his shooting.
“My thing was to not come out and make a splash right away but to be ready in the later months,” Roy said Thursday, Nov. 8, after a Wolves practice. “I just need to get my legs back. My legs are still a little heavy. My shot’s been off. Once I get my legs back, the game will get easier.”

No comments:

Post a Comment