Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Deron Williams Upset at Dwight Howard?

Dwight Howard lost a lot of friends and supporters during his curious ride out of Orlando. But if one of those severed relationships was with Deron Williams, Howard – the man who wanted to please everybody — doesn’t care.
“It’s my life so if he’s upset because I made a decision for me, so be it,” Howard said. “If he doesn’t want to be friends because I’m on another team, then so be it. There’s no need to smooth things over.”
The two All-Stars plotted to play together in Brooklyn, but Howard essentially killed that possibility by waiving his right to become a free agent last March. Howard has said the decision was based on his desire to keep everybody happy, even though it forfeited his opportunity to sign with the Nets in the summer.
“I’m here now in L.A. there’s no need to talk about what could have happened. I’m happy with being here in L.A.,” Howard said. “The fans have always been great here. Now that I’m on the team the fans, from Day 1, they’ve just been unbelievable to me and to this team.
Although Williams and Howard were close friends and met up for dinner whenever they were in the same town, Williams said recently he hasn’t spoken to his former Olympic teammate. He re-signed with the Nets in July after Howard’s 11th-hour waffling, but flirted with joining the Mavericks because, among other reasons, he wanted a star teammate.

No comments:

Post a Comment