Saturday, June 23, 2012

Ainge: Garnett is Weighing His Options


Boston Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge spoke with free-agent center Kevin Garnett last week, but Ainge said no decision on Garnett’s future is imminent. That leaves Boston’s offseason plan in a state of uncertainty with the new league year approaching July 1.
Despite a strong finish to his 17th season in the league, the 36-year-old Garnett is pondering retirement and needs time to make a decision about his basketball future.
“Kevin and I had a good conversation last week and the conversation was mostly on how he needs time before he makes that decision,” Ainge said during an in-studio appearance Wednesday afternoon on Boston sports radio WEEI-93.7 FM. “I think we’ll talk within the next week, but I’m not so sure that’s a decision day for him. He may want to wait and see what sort of team we have. I’m not sure.
“I know that he wants to come back. I know he likes Boston, and I know he loves playing for (coach) Doc (Rivers). He loves everything about the team and the city and so forth. I think that his decision will be, ‘Do I really want to play? Or do I not want to play.’ ”

No comments:

Post a Comment