Friday, August 10, 2012

Howard to Lakers Deal Complete - My Opinion

NBA BEATS - I like when big trades go down and relevant player move to a new team. I was starting to like the Lakers though and after this not so much. I wanted to see what Gasol and Kobe could do with Nash. I thought that was all they needed was a good point guard. Never really been a Howard fan. Like I said in earlier post I am not a Shaq and Howard type. I am more of a Olajuwon and Duncan type. I like skillfull bigs. Plus Howard and all that indecision. Nash is still the key acquisition the Lakers made this off season. I think the Lakers can get by Miami now. Just don't know about the Thunder. Because I think the Thunder still have the best player. If you read some of my earlier post you would know I am referring to Westbrook. Westbrook and his sidekick Durant I think can still get LA. But I would say LA is the favorite. I thought they were before Howard acquisition. Not that Howard will hurt them. I just think Gasol should have more space down low to do his thing. I would rather have Gasol than Howard. That is me though and I know the majority would not agree. And not that I think Andrew Bynum was that great. I am actually excited to see what he can do on a different team. Jason Richardson to. The trade was good for Bynum. I just think the Lakers would of been better with Bynum. When you have Kobe, Nash, and Gasol I think they needed  a guy that was willing to bow down and be the lazy big.  But throw in Howard who wants touches and the spotlight. I just think they took a small step backwords. Yeah they got better production from the 5 spot but I think you lost a little production from the 1,2,3, and especially 4 spots. 


A four-team trade that would send Dwight Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers is complete, multiple sources told ESPN on Thursday night.
A source with direct knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com’s Marc Stein the Lakers will receive Howard, the Denver Nuggets will acquire Andre Iguodala, the 76ers will receive Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson, and the Magic will get Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Nikola Vucevic and one protected future first-round pick from each of the three teams.
In addition, the Magic will be getting other pieces, including 76ers No. 1 draft pick Moe Harkless, a source told Stein.
Sources close to the process told Stein and ESPNLosAngeles.com’s Ramona Shelburne that a trade call with the league office has been scheduled for Friday to secure the necessary NBA approval to make the deal official.
Lakers forward Pau Gasol had been in and out of talks, sources told Shelburne, before ultimately being excluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment