Sunday, August 5, 2012

Paul Pierce Wants to Experience Free Agency


Paul Pierce, after giving away awards and working with kids at his annual basketball camp at Basketball City near TD Garden, continued to discuss the Celtics and his personal future:
About his contract, which has a team option for 2013-14: “I think I am going to play this one out. I want to see what it feels like to be a free agent for once in my life. I think I am going to play this one out. A lot can change in two years. My body (may not) be where I want it to be, I could retire, a lot of things could happen. It’s not about the money at this point. I love the game. I made as much money as I possibly can. It’s about winning a championship and if I feel like it’s the right thing to do.
If he uncomfortable with the team option?: “Not at all. I mean if they don’t want me back, I feel like I’m good enough and I’ll be wanted by a lot of teams. I’m coming into this year and I just made another all-star team at 34. So I’m still feel like I’m playing at a great level.”

No comments:

Post a Comment