Friday, August 10, 2012

Stoudemire Anticipates ‘Bounce Back’ Year


Amare Stoudemire has been in Houston working with Hakeem Olajuwon for the past five days.
On Thursday, he provided a glimpse into his workouts with the Hall of Famer.
In a video released via Stoudemire’s YouTube channel, the Knicks big man also explained why he decided to work with Olajuwon.
“I’m doing it for my fans in New York who’ve been sticking with me from a tough year last year,” Stoudemire says. “I can’t wait to bounce back next season and give it all I got and try to bring a championship (to New York).”

NBA BEATS - I would sure hope so. He did not do much. I don't really think he can do much without a Steve Nash. Amare is just a charge waiting to happen. Every time I see him make a move to the hoop I think here comes a charge. That being said I think Hakeem Olajuwon is the best player for Amare to try to mimic. Hakeem was the best big man I have seen play. I like bigs that have skill. Shaq and Dwight Howard have pure strength and they are dominating, it is just not the type of basketball I like to watch. I have never been a Shaq or Howard fan. Olajuwon had moves. Amare has quick feet and is capable of making moves. Amare is good with the pick and roll. Nash and Amare pick and roll sounds a lot more appealing that a Nash and Howard pick and roll. That is just a traveling call waiting to happen. Unless it is a alley oop for a dunk. Howard can't pop and shoot. Amare needs a point gaurd. He needed Lin. Raymond Felton? Are you kidding me. Thats a joke. Lin didn't want to stay there with thug town Melo and J.R. Smith. Both those guys didn't like Lin. They don't fit in with the Harvard type. All that being said Amare could have a bounce back year because he is pretty skillfull. But he does need to be set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment